This is the heart of what the Kenyan settlers called “Happy Valley”, that lush oasis where the early European farmers forged their first links with the African soil. Today, the fine living of that elegant era has been recreated in this luxurious tented camp on the shores of Crater Lake.
The spacious eleven tents sit in secluded clearings in the lakeside forest with sweeping views over the flamingo-lined waters. Each tent is furnished with a giant four-poster bed, the finest furniture and an ensuite bathroom with piping hot shower. The new ‘honeymoon tent’ or the “Clouds”offers a sumptuous bedroom and a deep sunken double jaccuzzi overlooking the lake through a giant stained-glass window.
The weather is moderately hot most of the year
Altitude of Crater Lake
1800m -2000m above sea level
Location of Crater Lake
38km From Naivasha town along the Moi South Lake road off Mahi Mahiu Nairobi Highway. It’s a mere one and half hours drive from the nation’s capital on 1138kilometers of a good road. Contiguous with Hells Gate National Park.
The average temperatures are 27°C during the day and 18°C during the night
The camp site is informal. Comfortable clothes are recommended, e.g. casual wear, hats and sweaters for the evening. Trainers are the most ideal footwear.
Cameras, extra films, binoculars, Hats, Suncreams,
- Number of tents: 11
- Number of honeymoon Suites with Jacuzzi: 1
- Number of family Banda: 1
- Bed types available: Single / Double / Twin / Triple
- Children: Child friendly environment
- Mosquito nets: Yes
- Private flush toilet: Yes
- Private shower: Yes
- Hot Water: 24 hours
- Security: All tents lockable
- Safe: At main reception
- Personal bars: On request
- Telephone: At main reception
- Mobile phones: Network very good
- Room Service: 24 hours
- Check in: 10am
- Check out: 11am
- Power: Electricity
- Invertors for charging cell phones: Available at reception
- First aid kit: Available at reception
- Excursions: Drinks and Food available on sale